THE GRATITUDE CHALLENGE *whoop whoop*

Someone nominated me for a challenge recently, one nice young man named Immanuel who blogs here. Thank you Immanuel!

The person who nominated him is Oreofe of gracedmisfits. I remember visiting her blog a couple of times, here. I remember her as an awesome blogger. Below are her rules as lifted from Immanuel’s blog:

“I’m to write five things I’m grateful for, display a picture of gratitude – a picture of something simple that makes me smile and then nominate 5 other people for the challenge. I’m really fascinated by the idea of a picture of gratitude. In her words “It is not an opportunity to show off how rich you are. Let it be something that is simple (and inexpensive) yet a blessing.”

I did a 7 day gratitude challenge once on Facebook. Pictures everyday and you’d have to say 3 things you were grateful for that day. Incidentally, Day 4 was when I found out I had failed my Bar Finals, that first time. Then the challenge became clearer to me. It was God asking, “Will you still thank me even when it seems like everything is upside down?”

This was what I wrote that day:

{THE GRATITUDE CHALLENGE
DAY FOUR
1. I thank God for everyone I love who loves me back.
2. I thank God for good news as well as bad.
3. And I thank God for his promises which never change and never fail.
Thank you Lord! }

And then I cried and cried and cried some more. And played “Praise you in this Storm”- Casting Crowns on repeat.

But this year, God proved himself over and above. I held on to HIS promises- Isaiah 61:7, Isaiah 50:7, Isaiah 3:10. Jeremiah 29:11 and HE DID NOT FAIL.

So, without further prevarication, these are five things I am so very grateful for:

  1. My Family: My “little” cousin is currently lying down on my bed, playing with her phone. She takes up more than half my bed space and quite often, I have had to push her legs off so I can perch at the edge of my bed. Is it a perfect situation? Definitely not. But she and I are close. When we were younger, her arrival always meant I would have to surrender my love of eating alone, my love for privacy (we used to bathe together and use the toilet at the same time) and my bed. Still, I adore my Chaychi and she adores me, I think. And so I’m thankful for her, as a representative of every member of my family.
  2. My Friends: The other day, I was walking on the road and I met an old friend. We had lunch, laughed and went our separate ways to meet some other day. I am not, never have been the friendliest person. Or the most approachable. But still, some people have maintained friendships with me. Have called when I determinedly had my head buried in the sand, have hugged me when I was bristling insane, have written confessions for me to recite when I felt manic, have stayed when I punched them with my words. Thanks.
  3. For my house slippers: i have used this pair for close to 3 years. It has stopped me from sliding on wet floors. From tripping over my own legs.From breaking my teeth and the metal accoutrements on it. Thank you dear slippers.
  4. For the water tanks in our house: We don’t have a borehole. So we rely on the Lagos State Water Corporation. And 40% of the time, they’re great. Clean, clear water that doesn’t smell. It is the other 60% of the time when they seize water for times ranging from 3 hours to 6 months, that I’m grateful we have water tanks to draw from.
  5. For my Bible- What better way to reach God than through his Word? For the Psalms, For the book of Isaiah, For the Gospels. For all the different Bibles I’ve had over the years (and the people who bought most of them), the verses I’ve memorized, the verses that have cut me to the quick,my current Blackaby Study Bible, I thank YOU.
Devotional (Joni Eareckson Tada- Diamonds in the Dust, 1993) and Blackaby Study Bible
Devotional (Joni Eareckson Tada- Diamonds in the Dust, 1993) and Blackaby Study Bible
It's Ugly and Blond which I have a latent issue with, but it's mine and it is symbolic. Thank You Lord!
It’s Ugly and Blond which I have a latent issue with, but it’s mine, symbolic and I’m very thankful for what it symbolizes. Thank You Lord!

In turn, I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this challenge-

  1. Eziaha- http://www.eziaha.com
  2. Chinedu- http://www.nedoux.com
  3. Adaeze- http://www.chynanu.wordpress.com, http://www.chynanu.blogspot.com
  4. Dr. N- http://www.drnsmusings.wordpress.com
  5. David Brian Paley- http://www.vancouvervisions.com
  6. Timi-  www.livelytwist.com

What are you grateful for this week?

1st Thessalonians 5:18- In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Also, I want to invite you to a concert- Joshuaville, Night of Worship, 20th of November, 2015. Fidelity Bank Open ground, Oba Idowu Oniru Street, off the Palms(Shoprite) Road, Lekki.
Say you’ll come please!

Advertisements