22 things you (probably) don’t know about me:
1. I’m gorgeous- I just discovered it this year and since then, I’ve been basking in my own gorgeousness.
And, I’ll tell you this, being happy and basking in it, draws whatever you want toward you. #Feelingmyself 😄
2. I don’t know how to swim: (yet). I could have learned a couple of times but eh, I refuse to wear second hand bathing suits and I’m too shy to wear a 2 piece.
3. I don’t have a crush on any celebrity. I have crushes on (body) parts of celebrities. That is, if you excised Tuface’s voice and mixed it with Enrique Iglesias’, added Chris Evans’ biceps etc. There’s a post on this phenomenon.
4. I have about 5000 songs on my laptop, almost a thousand on my phone. 75% Christian but I adore rock music. I’ve made many a roommate stare in shock when I started head banging. They all met Obi first, I guess.
5. I like to try out new recipes. The-you- probably-shouldn’t-be-doing-that kind of recipes. Sprite in my eggs, yam cakes with sweetcorn etc. Now, I’m sure they are not that wild but having my brothers tell me they’d rather eat the original multiple times has reinforced the illusion that I’m forging new culinary paths. Indulge me.
6. Texts>>>>>> Calls. Except in emergency situations or special occasions. ‘Nuff said.
7. My favourite colours are Yellow, black and grey. Red though is definitely edging all the more into my consciousness.
8. I just found out that I’m 5’6. You can’t imagine my joy! Background- I’ve always wanted to be a tall girl. And for the last 2 years, I’ve been under the delusion that I was 5’4. And now, I’m so happy. You might not understand my joy but I come from a family and 2 extended families of tall people and I have been teased. My big brother used to tell me this height was my last bus stop. I’ve been feeling like a short girl for years but God heard my cries. He looked down on me and revealed my extra 2 inches. Lift your hands and praise Him. Lift those hands and thank Him. He is worthy of our praise.
9. I sneeze perpetually. I’m sure it’s caused by allergies but what am I allergic to? I don’t know. I suspect wheat flour but I’m not sure. And wheat flour is in pretty much everything, especially my beloved Beloxxi crackers and Shortbread biscuits. I once took a break from anything with it but I still had the blocked, sneezy nose. It doesn’t affect anything much. I just have to remember to take a hankie (or 2) everywhere I go.
10. Surprisingly, I also happen to have a heightened sense of smell. Smoke, dead rats, perfume (excess), I can immediately smell. It’s a bittersweet blessing because on the one hand, no rats can stink up my room and I know when to wash my clothes and, on the other, secondhand smoke, excess perfume (an ex roommate was guilty of this) had the ability to give me massive headaches or block my nose even further.
11. Once, when the insomnia/delayed sleep disorder prevented me from drifting off, I I decided to stay up. I stayed up for 2 days that first time. 3 the next time. It had no adverse effect or so I thought. Until the day my body hibernated. I was in class, the stage in fact (crowded classroom) when suddenly I couldn’t move my legs. Then my arms. Then my head felt like I was carrying a ton of bricks so I laid it down. I was still alert but I couldn’t move from that position. Even when the lecture ended, I couldn’t move. Scared the shit out of me, I tell you. The minute I regained motor function, I went back to my hostel and laid down. And that was how my battle with sleep ended. I still stay up some nights but I never let it get so long my brain overrides my will. And I take naps. Lots of them. Please pray for me. I need to get my body on a regular sleep pattern again.
12. I don’t eat swallows. Well, except pounded/poundo yam and semovita with ofe nsala. Everything else, :(.
13. Water, water and more water. I do not appreciate dehydration, thank you very much.
14. I have never fainted. The day I unleashed Anu on a roommate (2 hours of concentrated rage), I wished I would faint. The time I got dizzy and vomited in GTBank, I wished I would faint. But still, I have not.
15. In all the time I’ve been taking sewing lessons, I haven’t made anything for myself yet.
16. I like short hair. Since I went natural, my hair has been trying to sprout wings and fly down my back but I just be snipping it short.
17. I hate most salons. So I keep getting hair care tools that will enable me to take care of my hair myself.
18. I used to be really OCD. “Don’t touch my stuff. Put it back exactly where you saw it. Not there, that end by the shelf. Aargh, I’ll just do it myself”.
These days I don’t even care. I suppose that’s progress.
19. I like jewelry. I hardly wear my jewelry. Therefore I no longer buy jewelry.
20. I really like walking. Once I walked so far, I found myself in another estate and had to get directions.
21. And running. In my last year of university, I used to run 3 nights a week. Had to stop because-
a) when you’re running and some people see you, they start running after you. Had a conversation with one such person, he’d just entered university, was drinking (alcohol) in a group, and when they saw me running, they sent him after me.
b). Some dudes would start singing to me, or attempt to use the cloak of night to toast me.
c) Once or twice, some hediots would set leg for me to trip over.
I got the message. I stopped running.
22. I became a year older this last Wednesday (7/10). Did not feel my birthday at all but still:
2 cakes, pizza, ice cream.
Want to guess how old I turned?
SUPER DUPER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: