So recently (September 10, 2015) one of my favourite bloggers came, read and commented on my last posted article here. As it was a sensitive issue, I’d expected I wouldn’t get many comments on it and true to expectation, I haven’t :). I went over to her blog and she had just posted an article too. I read for a bit- she had been given an award and then I saw THIS-
“Tendrils: Uju, you are delightfully witty, and remind me to always see the funny side.”
And that’s the reason for this post. Go over here and thank her oh! I haven’t been in touch with my writing side lately and I had vague dreams of starving you of my awesome delightful self until my Call to Bar (21st of October) but she saved y’all. Lucky lucky you!
Seriously speaking though, (Chi?)Nedoux Ahanonu (I just found out her surname too) is the blogger/blog reader I feel I am most similar to. I’ll give you some examples-
1. She has a blog, I do too!
2. She has a car, I drive regularly in my dreams.
3. She knows how to sew, I know how to sew (somewhat).
4. She likes Terrakulture, so do I.
5. She dances and sings in her car, I’m a regular car exhibitionist myself.
6. She regularly explores the comment section for more blogs to explore, as do I!
Need I go on?
The rules of the award are:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site;
Put the award logo on your blog;
Answer the ten questions sent to you;
Nominate five blogs;
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Complete this sentence,
1. “A beautiful day is: Sunny yet cool. Pleasantly occupying with no pressure and no stress.
2. What are your favourite books? Ahh, I can’t hold up one book and say it’s my favourite but The Bible, The Confident Woman(Joyce Meyer), Shades of Grace (Barbara Delinsky), Paradise (Judith McNaught), The True meaning of Cleavage (Mariah Fredericks), All Kelley Armstrong books; especially the Otherworld series, All Karen Kingsbury books, Hadassah (Tommy Tenney), All Francine Rivers books, All Emilie Richards books, The Butterfly Sister (Amy Gail Hansen) etc etc are top considerations.
3. What are your thoughts on “New Book Smell”? Divine. If I could, I’d crawl inside and nestle.
4. How would you describe Grief? Throat constricting, Panic inducing, Regret magnifying. It steals who you once were and sometimes, makes you a better you.
5. How would you describe Happiness? A decision mostly. A choice which has rippling effects on everything else.
6. Why do you write? Because I want to make myself laugh primarily, because I want to vent, because I want to illuminate, because I can. Because I have a story, multiple stories to tell.
7. What song can be described as the official soundtrack of your childhood? Hmm, do I have to pick just one? No? Awesome.
My love don’t cost a thing- Jennifer Lopez, Stand up for the champions- Right Said Fred, Stand by me- Lemon Ice, What’s love got to do with it- Tina Turner, Survivor- Destiny’s Child, It wasn’t me- Shaggy. Lemme stop here.
8. Wallpaper or paint? I’ve only ever used paint. High quality paint. Or wallpaper with sheep on it. You know, so I can count them and drift off. Should help, you think?
9. What’s your favourite quote? The grass is greener when you water it.
10. How would you Caption this mental picture? Imagine a bride on her wedding day sitting before her mirrored dressing table, adjusting her white veil. There’s a framed photograph of her late father at the corner of the table- “Trying to spend this time with you before I start this new chapter, I wish you were here…”
*Drumroll* My nominees-
1. Dr. N – Fiction, non – fiction, it doesn’t matter. I love your blog. I have read your archives through and through. You are an awesome writer and you shine beautifully for Christ.
2. Adaeze – The regularity with which you post, the humour, the seriousness, the SENSE! If you close your blog, I will track you down. And flog you. 🙂 YOU ARE AN AWESOME WRITER. NEVER. DOUBT. THAT.
3. Seyi – You’re not female, but you are kind, friendly, generous with your time, your praise and your comments. You totally deserve this.
4. Sharon– You are an amazing writer. So amazing, I have given you a second nomination on the same award. Keep writing biko. I love the Aso- Ebi chronicles as well.
5. ‘Dewunmi– When are you coming back? There’s no post left unread. I’m hungry for more.
And now, my questions’
1. Pancakes or spaghetti?
2. What do you like most about yourself?
3. What is your primary love language?
4. What is your foremost personality type (Choleric, melancholy, phlegmatic or sanguine? )
5. What is your favourite fabric?
6. If you were to give me a gift based on the contents of this blog alone, what would it be?
7. What behaviour annoys you the most in people?
8. If your best friend who has been there for you through thick and thin, asks your permission to date your ex, who you still have feelings for, what would you say?
9. What is your favourite snack?
10. Tell me something I don’t know about you…
Once again Nedoux, thank you!
Answer me oh! If you don’t, 😠.